- CAP participants have access to nine park & ride lots. Non-participants have access to four. Free UNC Park & Ride decals are provided for each registered vehicle. The decals provide access to three additional UNC lots.
- Park and Ride Overview Map
- Carrboro Plaza
- Eubanks Road
- Franklin Street
- Friday Center Park and Ride Lots
- Jones Ferry Road
- Southern Village
Beginning August 15, 2013:
UNC will implement fees for the UNC Park & Ride lots (Friday Center, Hedrick Bldg., Hwy. 54, Chatham, Franklin St., 725 MLK) as approved in the 5-Year Plan.
The Town of Chapel Hill is also implementing fees for Town Park & Ride lots (Eubanks, Jones Ferry, Southern Village). UNC Park & Ride permits will be honored in Town lots. At this time, no fees are planned for the commercial lot at Lowe's in Pittsboro, and Chapel Hill Transit is still negotiating with Carrboro Plaza.
For those of you who currently use a UNC Park & Ride lot and want to consider other alternatives which are available for daily commuting, please consider the range of options available to eligible CAP members:
- FREE Regional Park & Ride lots are available to ride Triangle Transit. Permanent employees and eligible commuting students, who live off campus (within a Triangle Transit route) and do not have an on-campus permit, can get a GoPass to ride for free! (Popular Park & Ride's: Southpoint Mall in Durham, Regional Transit Center near RTP, and District Drive in Raleigh)
- Vanpool through Triangle Transit and PART. Monthly fares cover the cost of gas, maintenance and insurance, and parking is free! Plus, permanent employees and eligible commuting full-time students get a $20 monthly subsidy!
- Carpool through Zimride and ShareTheRideNC. These free ride-matching websites may help you find a new friend to share stories and commuting costs.
- Bike to a Park & Ride lot (or another transit stop) and lock up your bike or put your bike on the bus.
Chapel Hill Transit will remain fare-free at boarding, and eligible students and permanent employees will still be able to obtain a free GoPass or PX Annual Pass. Vanpool Park & Ride lots will be free, and eligible riders will get the $20 subsidy.