Departments wishing to reserve spaces for visitors in the Swain, Highway 54, or Rams Head Visitor Lots should submit an on-line Pay Lot Reservation Request Form
Due to the high demand for parking on north campus, reservations should be made as far in advance as possible; however, a minimum of two days' notice is required. It is necessary to hold spaces beginning by 8:00 a.m. to ensure availability when the visitor arrives, and all charges will start then. If the visitors are departing before noon, they will need half-day ($7.00) reservations. If they will be in the lot any time after 12:00 p.m., they will need full-day ($14.00) reservations. If the spaces are not used, payment will not be refunded unless the reservations were cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
Parking resources are limited, especially on north campus. For this reason, arrangements need to be made or information gathered concerning parking when events are in the planning stage so that available options can be determined. These options include:
- Issuing parking permits. Public Safety will issue permits for campus lots depending on space availability. The charge is $6 per day per permit. These permits cannot be returned for a refund.
- Bagging meters. Public Safety will bag meters for events and provide appropriate permits. The charge is $14 per day per space.
- Coning/ Blocking spaces. Public Safety will cone/ block spaces for events and provide appropriate permits. The charge is $14 per day per space.
- Monitoring lots. Public Safety will provide a lot monitor to reserve the lot, usually starting 2.5 hours before the event. There is a three-hour minimum required. The charge is $24 per hour.
- Posting signs. Public Safety will post a sign at the entrance to a lot stating that it is reserved on the event date. This option is only available outside normal lot operational hours (after 5:00p.m. Monday- Friday and Saturdays and Sundays) and parking cannot be guaranteed. The charge is $40 per sign.
Departments and organizations wishing to request event/conference parking should submit an on-line Special Event Parking Request Form .